Air & Dust
Unfortunately today we even have to clean the air! The indoor air of our home is full of toxins – from formaldehyde being released from adhesive man-made woods like plywood or MDF cabinetry or furniture, to formaldehyde and other chemicals off gassing from carpeting, area rugs, paint, etc. And toxic dust particles from flame-retardants applied to electronics and in furniture and mattress foams floating around in the air, etc.
- Healthmate: $600
- Healthmate+: $715
They both have carbon/zeolite and true med HEPA filters, but the HealthMate+ is different in that the carbon/zeolite is impregnated with potassium iodide, which provides the additional formaldehyde filtering action.
- Both recommended for those with allergies, asthma, odors, gases & chemicals
- 5 year guarantee
- both units can cover 1,500 square feet
Vacuum – HEPA filtered, sealed system
A legit sealed system vacuum will suck the toxins in, making your home less dusty, while also filtering out that dust, so that the vacuum doesn’t re-release them into the air. That’s where the sealed system and HEPA filter come in.
- Miele Compact C2 Electro+
- Nilfisk VP300 HEPA Canister with Nilfisk Turbo Floor Nozzle for high pile carpets
Find more information about recommended items here.
- Scraper – made of wood by an Etsy seller/woodworker named SummerBeeWoodworks.
- Scraper – made of metal: Dexter-Russel Mini Turner (2″ x 2.5″)
- Bottle Brush – made of wood and plant Tampico fibers: Iris Hantverk Tampico Dishbrush, item#: 1102-03
- Dish Brush – very hard bristles – made of wood and plant Union fibers: Redecker/Burstenhaus 2.25″ diameter brush
- Pot Scrubber for tough spots – this one made of broomcorn by Little John of Plant-Based services gets tough spots out
- Baking soda – used for washing any stubborn bits of food on dishes, stovetop, table, floor, or anywhere!
- Washing Soda – see above. What is washing soda? How is washing soda made? Read a full explanation and report from Meliora here.
- Vodka – for use in spray bottle for disinfecting. or vinegar. Add tea tree essential, eucalyptus and lemon essential oils for antibacterials and anti-fungal assistance.
- Spray Bottle (for disinfecting counters, with lemon infused vodka, or vinegar, hydrogen peroxide, or whatever you use). Some people don’t even use a spray bottle.
- Soap – Big Block French Kitchen Soap, made by Bee Alchemy of Milwaukee, WI, 3″ x 3″
- Dishcloths – this 100% hemp fabric – 10oz from http://www.OrganicCottonPlus.com works well for making dish cloths.
Find out more about why I choose My Green Fills.
I like the following idea for parents with kids…Hey, maybe even for myself! 😉