Before delving into any treatment, it is important to understand how simple vitamin C protocol can provide a foundation for healing. We have been told various myths about Vitamin C, causing us to not take enough of it to get the benefits we are looking for, and as a result we think that vitamin C is simply a “vitamin” and cannot be used as a viable medicine. Please read the post on vitamin C to find out how to appropriately dose to get the benefits we need and hopefully heal and avoid pharmaceutical drugs with negative side effects!!!
Another proactive prevention during cold and flu season should be bi-weekly doses of elderberry syrup. Perhaps 1-2 T per dose for an adult. I like Wellness Mama’s recipe, but would use up to twice the amount of elderberries if I made it again.
Of course the first line of defense is our diet and lifestyle. Half the plate filled with fresh organic vegetables is the place to start. As much fruit as one wants. I believe in also eating Weston A Price foods like daily fermented cod liver oil (I use capsules), grass-fed butter and animal fats, and lots of bone and meat stocks. We need to change our paradigm about consuming processed sugar. Finally, anytime we ingest mold, it could be hindering the healing processes of our body, so it is a good idea to stay away from all processed grain products unless baked fresh at home.
There are so many ways we can care for and heal ourselves and our loved ones at home, but if hospitalization is ever needed, be prepared! Read my post on how to best prepare and handle these situations.
Conditions (and their remedies) listed in Alphabetical Order
- Acne or Other Skin Problems – mix 1 tsp powdered sodium ascorbate vitamin c (NOT ascorbic acid) into 100mL of water (make fresh every day). Make a paste and put it on before you go to sleep. Use a pillowcase that is not white as it can turn the white fabric orange.
- Autism (“encephalopathy” – medical term for brain damage or a change in brain functioning) – These are the pages, sites, and groups that gave one parent the best information and most hope.
- Blogs / Facebook Pages
- Web Sites
- Constipation – Many people struggle when their children have constipation. They try prunes, and oil and other things which the children hate. Try adding vitamin C, 1g for every year of age, and see what effect it has on the constipation. As Suzanne Humphries teaches, this should be given in installments, over the course of a day, perhaps every 2-4 hours. When the child begins to feel or hear rumbling in their stomach or experience diarrhea, decrease the total daily amount to 50-90% of what it was.
- Flu – at the onset take:
- homeopathic remedies Aconitum 200 mixed with Bryonia 30. I don’t know how frequent this needs to be used….every 15 min? every 3 hours?
- High-Dose vitamin C
- elderberry syrup – Wellness Mama has a great recipe. Should decrease period with symptoms, shown in peer-reviewed studies.
- if patient has sever body aches and pains, Rhus tox 30, or perhaps Eupatorium 30, could also be useful if fever.
- Headaches/Migraine/Sinus/Mucus Issues – try snorting powdered sodium ascorbate vitamin c (NOT ascorbic acid); this is safe to do 1 or 2 times a day for a couple days….not indefinitely. Don’t use this route if you have a nasal erosion. Pinch a little bit between your fingers, lie down, and sniff into the nose. After a minute the thinned mucus will begin to run. Try to hold as long as possible, and then blow your nose. You will experience a gentle burning sensation, especially if your mucus membranes are inflamed. People say that it works better than a Netti Pot. I’m happy to have an alternative to Sudafed!
- Head Trauma / Bleeding / Childbirth – Pain, Bruising, Bleeding – Arnica montana 200. “It can be used during labor to not only aid in pain management, but to protect against bleeding and bruising. Taken at the onset of labor and continued every 3-5 hours. Many homeopaths recommend giving the baby a dose twice daily for a week while the mother can take it every few hours for a few days for any soreness and overall well being.”
- Pneumonia & Bronchitis – Intravenous vitamin C: http://injectablevitaminc.com/images/Ch20.pdf, and oral doses. As always, one needs to find the dose specific to their body needs: http://www.injectablevitaminc.com/images/Ch10.pdf
- the World Health Organization says that measles occurs more often in populations deficient in vitamin A. To be proactive, take a daily supplement of cod liver oil – make sure to use a brand that has the proper ratio of vitmain A to vitamin D.
- Studies show that vitamin A is an effective treatment should one contract the infection (study 1, study 2). If I were a parent, I’d be interested in trying the protocol shared by DOM on this page, as well as high-dose vitamin C. Blog Healthy Family For God found this study showing that “Vitamin A supplements have been shown to reduce the number of deaths from measles by 50%: http://www.who.int/mediacentre/factsheets/fs286/en/”
- Spinal Cord Injury – stem cell therapy: https://www.cellmedicine.com/stem-cell-therapy-for-spinal-cord-injury/
- Sore Throat – you can take powdered sodium ascorbate vitamin c (NOT ascorbic acid) orally, or gargle with it – hold it as long as you can and then swallow.
- Staph infection – apply powdered sodium ascorbate vitamin c (NOT ascorbic acid) topically by making a paste with water.
- Tetanus, prevention, wound care and vitamin C – Suzanne Humpries, M.D.
- Transverse Myelitis, also known as polio, enterovirus, viral or “aseptic” meningitis, Guillain-Barre Syndrome (GBS), Chinese Paralytic syndrome, Chronic Fatigue Syndrome, epidemic cholera, cholera morbus, spinal meningitis, spinal apoplexy, inhibitory palsy, intermittent fever, famine fever, worm fever, bilious remittent fever, ergotism, post-polio syndrome, acute flaccid paralysis(AFP): Dr. Klenner’s high-dose vitamin C.
- Traveling – we all know that traveling stresses the body. Personally, I almost always get a sinus infection after flying – hopefully that will change now that I have vitamin C in my back pocket! Suzanne says that she has taken up to 30 grams of sodium ascorbate vitamin c when traveling with no diarrhea or ill effect.
- Vision Issues treated with stem cell therapy at MD Stem Cells
- Whooping Cough (Pertussis) – Suzanne Humphries, M.D.’s protocol, and success stories. Suzanne points out that whooping cough occurs whether one is vaccinated or not. 86% of whooping cough cases occur in fully vaccinated children. Suzanne also points out that antibiotics make the cough worse as it impairs the immune system. Suzanne has treated whooping cough successfully in those of all ages – from infants as young as 2 weeks of age, to the elderly, with no secondary infections occurring.
- Wounds – make a paste with powdered sodium ascorbate vitamin c (NOT ascorbic acid) and use topically
I don’t know too much about homeopathy, but I’d like to explore these materia medical in the future:
- free: James Tyler Kent: http://www.materiamedica.info/en/materia-medica/james-tyler-kent/index
- $57: Joette Calabrese: https://advanced.joettecalabrese.com/a-moms-materia-medica/