Doctors, nurses, and public health experts from every continent are speaking to us, and our governments, saying “no” to lockdowns.
Some of the most notable groups of doctors include:
- The Great Barrington Declaration – global. 43,000 medical professionals signed
- America’s Frontline Doctors – united States. 40 professionals represented – read recent op-ed in Washington Times. Founder Dr. Simon Gold was fired from her job as a physician practicing emergency medicine for speaking out, and several other doctors were threatened by their states’ medical and pharmacy boards for defending safe and effective early treatment options for coronavirus patients.
- Dr. Michael deBoisblanc and two other physicians sent a letter to California Contra Costa County health officials and legislators on December 10 asking them to justify a stay-at-home order set to expire next month. Less than a week after sending the letter, Dr. deBoisblanc was fired from his position as trauma medical director at John Muir Health. Dr. deBoisblanc’s termination is consistent with a pattern of intimidation, professional sanction, and even censorship members of America’s Frontline Doctors.
- Global Frontline Nurses. Summit with speeches from founders from 1/6/21.
- Nurses Against Lockdowns. Instagram. Interview with founder Sarah Choujounian. Sarah was then fired from her job.
- Older adults in America – united States. All Americans 50 and up are invited to join. Watch a brief interview with world-renowned psychiatrist Dr. Breggin talking about the importance of the voice of older adults.
- The World Doctor’s Alliance – Europe. and the related corona parliamentary investigation – unknown how many of the 27,138 signatures are medical professionals.
- Doctors 4 Open Debate – Belgium. 674 doctors, 2,208 medically trained health professionals
We will focus on the first and second of these groups in this article, as the third is based in Europe, and not as much information is available in English.
The Great Barrington Declaration says “as infectious disease epidemiologists and public health scientists we have grave concerns about the damaging physical and mental health impacts of the prevailing COVID-19 policies, and recommend an approach we call Focused Protection.”
This international declaration was written by Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, Dr. Sunetra Gupta and Dr. Martin Kulldorff, and was co-signed by 30+ other medical and public health scientists and doctors on October 4th, 2020 at the American Institute for Economic Research, in Great Barrington, Massachusetts. As of October 26, 2020, the declaration has been signed by 43,000 medical professionals from all over the world, and 581,000 other people.
The declaration was written for the public, scientists and government officials, “from a global public health and humanitarian perspective, with special concerns about how the current COVID-19 strategies are forcing our children, the working class and the poor to carry the heaviest burden. The response to the pandemic in many countries around the world, focused on lockdowns, contact tracing and isolation, imposes enormous unnecessary health costs on people. In the long run, it will lead to higher COVID and non-COVID mortality than the focused protection plan we call for in the Declaration.”
The three authors of the declaration:
- Dr. Martin Kulldorff, professor of medicine at Harvard University, a biostatistician, and epidemiologist with expertise in detecting and monitoring infectious disease outbreaks and vaccine safety evaluations.
- Dr. Sunetra Gupta, professor at Oxford University, an epidemiologist with expertise in immunology, vaccine development, and mathematical modeling of infectious diseases.
- Dr. Jay Bhattacharya, professor at Stanford University Medical School, a physician, epidemiologist, health economist, and public health policy expert focusing on infectious diseases and vulnerable populations.
America’s Frontline Doctors (AFLDS) is an organization which exists “to counter the massive disinformation campaign regarding the pandemic. We are diverse, exceedingly well-credentialed physicians, with extensive front line experience treating both COVID-19 and the risky health effects due to the lockdowns. There are many early treatment options! Most people do just fine! If you would like to know the facts from doctors who are passionate about giving you those facts, watch our newest videos, found under Summit II.”
Bringing a strong message against additional lockdowns and hope for early treatment options, AFLDS gathered for their second White Coat Summit in Washington on Friday and Saturday, 10/16-10/17. Click HERE to read the transcript of Dr. Gold’s remarks at our SCOTUS press conference on October 17, 2020.
“Early treatment is the key. And there is an inexpensive alternative. We are here today to say that COVID-19 does not need to kill … and you do not need to walk in fear any longer,” said Dr. Robin Armstrong, an internal medicine physician practicing in hospitals and in nursing homes. AFLDS supports making hydroxychloroquine available to all Americans over the counter, just as it has been in many parts of the world for decades.
Dr. Gold’s interview with Debbie Georgatos on her podcast: America, Can We Talk?
In the October 21, 2020, episode of her live podcast, America, Can We Talk, host, Debbie Georgatos, asked Dr. Gold, “Is a vaccine really needed?“, Dr. Gold answered (minute 21.45):
“It’s fundamentally irrational to take an untested, unproven drug, manufactured by a drug manufacturer that is shielded from liability, when you’ve got a safe, effective decades old safe, cheap widely available alternative that works. No normal parent would say to take this unknown thing…
…Why would you be treating with a vaccine a healthy human being for a very trivial illness. That’s a problem. You can’t be going around giving medical treatments to people who are not sick for something that isn’t going to really harm them.”
32 Doctors from 11 Countries Warn against Taking the COVID-19 Vaccine
One thought on “Thousands of doctors and nurses say “No lockdowns””