I’ve read concerning information about children being given puberty blockers and have pondered with concern why we are protecting the right for people to cut off body parts or mutilate body parts – from vasectomies to “sex change” surgeries. Sex change surgeries do not change a man into a woman, or vice versa – it simply removes body parts and/or genitalia and erases things. It doesn’t change the morphology inside, or the genetic markers.
Today I came across an interview with Walt Heyer, who attempted to become a woman in the 1980s as an adult, and then later regretted it, and did what he could to restore his body as a man. He has a lot of wisdom to share, and maintains a website called www.SexChangeRegret.com, and offers books such as Trans Life Survivors.
I don’t think anything can beat the wisdom of someone like Walt, who has gone through all of this. I think everyone who has pondered this topic needs to carefully consider what Walt is sharing in his interviews, books, the website above, and his own website. Both websites contain a lot of information to explore. He approaches the topic with his personal wisdom, and also the science available on this topic. You can hear the compassion and the peace Walt has. Check it out.
Here is a video of a girl who had surgeries and other medical interventions to become more like a male, and she is speaking out now about the pain and suffering she is now going through, having realized that she doesn’t want to be like a man, but now, can’t undo those medical interventions.
You might find these recent related articles of interest…
- HUMAN RIGHTS: FLORIDA SENATE PASSES “DON’T SAY GAY OR TRANS” BILL, LEGISLATION HEADS TO DESANTIS’ DESK FOR SIGNATURE OR VETO
- OPEN DEMOCRACY: FLORIDA’S REPUBLICAN GOVERNOR IS ATTACKING TRANS RIGHTS TO GAIN POWER
- POLITICO: FLORIDA MEDICAL BOARD MOVES TO BLOCK GENDER AFFIRMING TREATMENTS FOR MINORS
- TIME: BEYOND ‘HE’ OR ‘SHE’: THE CHANGING MEANING OF GENDER AND SEXUALITY
- AAP: ENSURING COMPREHENSIVE CARE AND SUPPORT FOR TRANSGENDER AND GENDER-DIVERSE CHILDREN AND ADOLESCENTS
- AAP: SOCIAL TRANSITION: SUPPORTING OUR YOUNGEST TRANSGENDER CHILDREN
- SEGM: SWEDEN’S KAROLINSKA ENDS ALL USE OF PUBERTY BLOCKERS AND CROSS-SEX HORMONES FOR MINORS OUTSIDE OF CLINICAL STUDIES
- NBC: GOV. DESANTIS ANNOUNCES SUPPORT FOR ‘FREE SPEECH OF HEALTH PRACTITIONERS ACT’
- THE HILL: BIDEN ADMINISTRATION INJECTS $11M INTO MONKEYPOX VACCINE PRODUCTION
- ST LOUIS CHILDREN’S: PUBERTY BLOCKERS
- NPR: HEALTH EFFECTS OF TRANSITIONING IN TEEN YEARS REMAIN UNKNOWN
- SEGM: CORRECTION OF A KEY STUDY: NO EVIDENCE OF “GENDER-AFFIRMING” SURGERIES IMPROVING MENTAL HEALTH
- SCIENCE DAILY: SELF-ACCEPTANCE COULD BE THE KEY TO A HAPPIER LIFE, YET IT’S THE HAPPY HABIT MANY PEOPLE PRACTICE THE LEAST
- AAP: CHILDHOOD ABUSE AMONG TRANSGENDER YOUTH: A TRAUMA-INFORMED APPROACH
Gender Dysphoria Exploitation and Malpractice
Dr. Vliet presents the tragic case of a young man coerced into permanent gender reassignment surgery from male to female, which has now prevented him from fulfilling his long-standing dream of being a father – and a better role model for his children than the abusive father he had. Richard decided courageously to speak out publicly about his horrible ordeal at the hands of Kaiser Health System to help prevent such tragic outcomes for other patients. He goes on the record on America Out Loud with his attorney and his nurse and shares the truth of what his life has become since he was surgically castrated and now living with an artificially created “vagina” that has led to permanent medical complications and daily physical and emotional pain. This is the ongoing tragedy of a political agenda that puts ideology ahead of proper medical-psychiatric care and treatment in the push to change men to women and women to men in violation of basic biological facts and in violation of medical ethics and standards of care. It is also the story of a courageous attorney and military veteran who has taken on the challenge of this lawsuit to stop such monstrous abuse of other patients.