30 years ago we didn’t wear seatbelts. But now, we know better. Just like there are safe ways to ride in a car with your seatbelt securely fastened, there are safe ways to design and use technology. Unfortunately, the telecommunications industry has not followed the regulations we do have in regards to allowable radiation levels emitted by cell phones, and the way we established safety testing in 1996 (yep, hasn’t been updated since then), are completely insufficient.
Now that the findings from the study conducted by the U.S. government federal agency’s National Toxicology Program has been released, there is no longer any way to deny the danger.
And now in France, 90,000 phones have been recalled, in light of the information that has been made public and highlighted by Dr. Marc Arazi. Nicolas Pineault summarizes, saying that “90% of all cell phones in Europe and most of the rest of the world have been shown to exceed the already-obsolete radiation limits (which haven’t changed since the 90s, go figure). What does this mean? 90,000 phones have been recalled by French company Orange, and 3 more phones have been updated or recalled too as of last week too. But we’re talking about more than hundreds of millions of phones who are concerned… making this the biggest industrial scandal in History. (The Dieselgate is peanuts compared to this!)”
Here learn from him and Dr. Marc Arazi, whom he interviews. You will learn about the international conference which took place in North Carolina in March 2018 (which the media didn’t report on), during which John Bucher, one of the authors of the National Toxicology Study changed his mind and said that he would indeed be changing the cell phone habits for himself and for his children, based on what he now understands from the science.
No one wants to sound crazy, and no one wants to be a fear-mongerer, but this is one topic where you can relax. The research and science is clear – technologies that emit electromagnetic fields with frequencies in frequency way higher than the earth’s geomagnetic fields, and with wavelength shapes that are exacerbating to health, are cause for serious concern and we should be careful about which electromagnetic technologies we accept and use, as well as HOW we use them, and what safety standards we demand as consumers and users of technology.
You can find a list of 9 ways to reduce your exposure to this modern toxin that is aging us faster from the inside out – scroll down to the bottom of this post. Before we get there, I want to ask some questions, and share some resources that I’ve found that might help you in your search for answers.
Do we need to demand safer technologies which don’t disrupt cells or the human bio-field? Why might some non-ionizing electromagnetic waves be healing (PEMF devices), whereas some are damaging? Are we biased or stubborn so that we quickly accept information that electromagnetic technology can be healing, whereas criticism of technology is dismissed as quackery? information about electromagnetic radiation is often obscured by contention, closed-mindedness, and lack of awareness. Be prepared to be met with these attitudes regarding this, since it is beyond the realm of the current majority’s belief system or awareness.
This podcast with Nicolas Pinealt is the best way to introduce yourself to this topic. In the podcast Nicolas discusses many of the scientific, logistical, economic and socio-political factors. And his book is the best book currently available on this topic.
We’ve all heard it from skeptics — “you are exposed to radiation from walking outside or from the sun than you are exposed to from cell phones or other man-made devices.” In order to find truthful information, you have to spend more than 3 seconds asking Google. It was important to me to educate myself, and what I learned really surprised and shocked me. One of the most surprising things I learned about is the ‘smart’ grid, enabled by ‘smart meters’ (2-way EMI meters installed on all homes by utility companies) and 5G network antennas (being installed everywhere – on street lamps, and on top of and on the side of apartment buildings and commercial spaces).
For the common person, such as myself, this topic, filled with terms such as wavelength, frequency, magnetic fields, and so on, can seem impenetrable. I felt like I would never understand it. But with a little persistence, I began to slowly understand more and more, and I continue to learn.
- Sub-Extremely Low Frequency. When looking at the picture above (sorry about the low quality resolution), we can see at the far left, the the earth’s geomagnetic fields, which are always changing, from second to second, hour to hour, day to day, and year to year, ranges between 1 and 50 Hertz.
- Extremely Low Frequency. You can see that alternating current lies on the border between this ‘natural’ range (between 1 and 50 Hz), and the range in which we utilize for most man-made technologies, starting with what we find in home electrical wiring, which is 50 Hertz in Europe, and the higher 60 Hertz in the United States. As these are still above the natural frequency of the Earth, especially in the United States, they can really mess with our biology. Especially when combined with electromagnetic interference and other issues that come from technology with issues and imperfections from the electricity generation facilities, and while the electricity works it’s way through substations and finally to your home.
- Very Low Frequency, Radio frequency, and Microwaves. These are the parts of the spectrum that contain frequencies which have been shown to be extremely damaging to our biology and within which lie most of our electrical devices and technologies.
- Infared, Visible, and Ultra-violet Light. Of course this is the part of the spectrum where sunlight fits in. These are not harmful, but like most things in life, if you stay out too long, and overdo your exposure, you could get burned, which does cause oxidative stress in the body. But sunlight is absolutely necessary to health, and our cells even directly use energy from the sun, as long as we’re eating our greens.
- X-rays and Gamma Cosmic Rays. As everyone knows, the things belonging to this part of the spectrum are very dangerous, such as x-rays, and radioactive materials.
Ionizing radiation (nuclear, gamma rays and x-rays) damages, or breaks, your DNA. Multiple x-rays are still proven to cause cancer, which is why so many precautions are taken in the hospital during an x-ray procedure. Technically, the non-ionizing microwave radiation emitted by a cell phone or other wireless device doesn’t break your DNA, as it is non-ionizing. Although it doesn’t damage DNA directly, Martin Pall discovered that non-ionizing radiation damages our DNA indirectly, via the voltage-gated calcium channels in our cells – the little ‘doors’ that lets calcium in or out (calcium shuttling), keeping the ‘door’ constantly open, resulting in excess calcium, and havoc within cells. As with ionizing x-rays, each non-ionizing exposure causes an accumulation of DNA damage.
If you have babies, or children of any age, you might want to consider purchasing a few meters to measure the electromagentic exposure in playing and sleeping areas. Babies and children are incredibly vulnerable, and I believe some childhood cancers are a result of high EMR exposure.
I don’t believe in the legitimacy of jewelry or stones or any thing claiming to ‘neutralize’ or ‘absorb’ EMR. The only way one can logically deal with EMR is to eliminate the source, or block/shield it at the source.
There are four types of electromagnetic radiation. I will focus on Radio Frequency (RF) wireless microwave radiation in this post.
The easiest and most approachable way learn about EMR is to work through the following resources:
- Nicolas Pinealt’s blog home page, listing myths and facts.
- Podcast with Nicolas Pinealt
- watch several YouTube videos published by Cece Doucette’s YouTube
- scientific information compiled in Cece Doucett’e online library
- read Nicolas Pineault’s book “ The Non-Tinfoil Guide to EMFs: How to Fix Our Stupid Use of Technology.” This is currently the best book out there, clearly explaining this topic, and in it Nicolas explains how to measure and identify sources of radiation in your home or hotel room when traveling, so you can turn off sources that you are not using, or don’t want to use!
- Dr. Mercola will be publishing a book sometime in the near future dedicated to this topic as well. His recent book Fat for Fuel is an excellent read by the way!
- learn about and remediate all four types of electromagnetic radiation in your home, read Jeromy’s book “How to Find a Healthy Home” – available on www.emfanalysis.com. It is a “how-to” book that will teach you how to assess and remediate EMR.
Arthur Firstenberg of the Cell Phone Task Force has published his own analysis (Part I & Part II) of the 25 million dollar US government-funded National Toxicology cell phone research. I believe his consideration of electromagnetic interference, completely missed by scientists conducting the studies is incredibly astute.
If you’re a medical practitioner, Nick has launched an online course called Electrosmog Rx: The World’s 1st EMF Course for Health Practitioners, which includes evidence-based, cutting-edge, credible information on how Electrosmog exposure affects your patients/clients.
9 easy ways ways to reduce exposure to wireless radiation, right now!
To make your home even more free from EMR, read and follow the steps in “How to Find a Healthy Home” – available on www.emfanalysis.com.
- Use an analog home phone and get rid of the DECT cordless phone. You can plug the analog phone into your modem if you are getting digital phone service, or you can ask your utility to install a landline jack.
- Use your cell only when necessary. Turn the cell off or on airplane mode except when you need to check in, and if you do so, use a Safe Sleeve (test results) or Defender Shield case (test results). The case shield the radiation on the side of the phone that faces your head, but still emits the radiation on the other side of the phone (so that the phone will still work).
- this also means that you must not sleep with or next to your cell phone. If you do, you are bound to forget to put it in airplane mode. Instead, purchase a battery-powered alarm clock. Leaving cell phones out of the bedrooms will only enhance your relationship with your spouse or children, and create more peace. Nick Pineault has a great tutorial on this, which I pasted directly below.
“…your phone has 4 different kinds of antennas in it, each of which can emit EMFs if activated:
- Cellular antenna (3G, 4G, LTE)
- GPS chip
There’s actually a bit more to the story but let’s keep this one short, shall we?
If you put your phone in Airplane Mode, on most phones this will automatically turn off wifi and Bluetooth.
The problem is — I can’t confirm if this is the case with your phone.
And there’s also the fact that you can technically be on Airplane Mode, and re-enable wifi or Bluetooth. In that case your phone still emits EMFs 24/7 towards your body even while in Airplane mode.
On an iPhone, it’d look like this:
(See how Airplane Mode is ON, but while Bluetooth is also ON? This means your phone will emit EMFs even if you’re not connected to any Bluetooth device.)
So the lesson is — if you want no EMF emissions from your phone, use Airplane Mode AND also make sure the wifi and Bluetooth functions are also off.
What about the GPS/location services? According to my findings, it shouldn’t be a problem. The EMF levels that can be emitted by a GPS chip are next to undetectable compared to most background levels in cities.
5. When using GPS for driving directions on your cell, set the course, and then turn your airplane mode ON. The driving directions will still work — the program doesn’t need a wireless signal; it will work with the locator antenna alone. Refer to instructions above to use airplane mode correctly.
6. Reduce EMR in your computer workstation as Jeromy shows in this video: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ULV0jKXcnJo and in this article: https://www.emfanalysis.com/low-emf-internet-connection/
- slow down higher frequency EMI coming from your router, thereby reducing the EMI coming to the computer, by interrupting your ethernet line from your modem with an ethernet switch rated at 10megabits per second.
- ground the ethernet cord post switch with an ethernet ground adaptor – https://lessemf.com/computer.html#295-usb. test the receptacle you’re plugging into to make sure the receptacle itself is properly grounded, or run the grounding wire outside as Jeromy does in the video.
- hard-wire your computer or laptop with a shielded ethernet cable: https://lessemf.com/computer.html#703
- Hard-wire your iPad or iPhone using these instructions
- Turn off the wireless signal (WiFi) in your internet modem/router. To do this, call your internet provider, ask them for the IP address, type it into your browser, and change the wifi signal setting to ‘disable’.
7. Stop using the microwave…get a toaster oven.
8. Meet with your legislators, and bring the studies and reports in Cece Doucette’s online library, and tell them you don’t want Smart Meters on your home, neither from the gas or electric or water utility companies. Smart meters invade our privacy breaking the Fourth Amendment. You can read more about this here: https://smartgridawareness.org/2018/04/01/no-legal-basis-for-smart-meter-data-collection/.
9. in the meantime, sheild your smart meter using one of the ways below, measuring before and after with an Acoustimeter. If you don’t measure, you won’t know if your time and money is actually getting the job done, unless you are electro-hyper sensitive – I’m hoping you’re not!
- place a faraday cage around the smart meter
- paint the inside wall with EMR-blocking paint
- attach a sheet of thick aluminum on the inside of the bedroom wall.
- If the above ideas don’t work for you, consider a bed canopy and floor mat. If you live in a location with many wifi signals from neighbors or many smart meters attached to the builidng, you may want the bed canopy and floor mat regardless.