Love is a beautiful thing, but things are really complicated in today’s world of toxicity and corporate feudalism and greed. Corporations’ goal is to profit, and they literally don’t care if profits are made at the expense of our health.
In many cases, when lovers marry they don’t yet know about the toxicity that will become more and more relevant as they raise children. Oftentimes when pregnancy begins, a mother will begin learning about how to care for children, and she quickly learns about all of the toxic products in the home that need to be remedied. Sometimes, mothers get pushed into this area of research after a child suffers from a chronic illness, like autism, autoimmune disease, or cancer.
Why do I say mothers? I say ‘mothers’ because even in today’s world where stay-at-home-fathers are more common and mothers are sometimes the primary income earners, I do think that mothers are still the primary caregivers, as a general.
Sometimes it can be hard for mothers to get their spouses on board, because the father literally hasn’t been with the children as much day-to-day and is unable to witness the nuanced change that can result from reducing toxins in the food and home. The topics of electromagnetic fields can be a particularly difficult area in which to obtain buy-in from a spouse.
But, there are things we can do to bring a spouse around…especially if they are open to hearing about the dangers and solutions, but they just have trouble letting go of the conveniences offered by wireless connectivity in particular. Even if a spouse is skeptical of the topic in general, if they are open, even a little bit, I believe that with a little time, things can change.
To stat, I recommend starting with YOURSELF. It is easy to think that we need to just ‘convince’ someone else, but really, all change starts with YOU.
So, look at your own habits. Do you use wireless devices that emit electromagnetic fields (EMFs), such as a cell phone, a wireless laptop, and wifi in your home? Do you use wireless printers, wireless TVs, and wireless toothbrushes? 😉
Instead of trying to convince your partner right away, spend time focusing on how you, personally, can avoid EMFs.
- Buy a corded home phone, like the GE 29582FE1 for your home so that you have at least one phone with an answering machine and speakerphone. Learn about the many benefits of having a home phone in the Mudita forums.
2. Buy additional simpler corded phones (AT&T 210 trimline phone) for other places around the house, especially somewhere near the bedside. This is the most important place to have a corded phone, so you can resist the temptation to grab your cell phone when you feel lazy or when you are sick.
3. Buy telephone wall jack plates on which to hang these corded phones around the house on the walls so that they are out of the way and look nice. Older homes used to have these already in place, but with the age of cell phones, they have been taken out of most homes. You will either have to have them on the wall with the phone cable hanging down, or you will have to hire someone to reroute phone cables through your walls to hide the cables (see step 5).
4. Buy a NON-WIRELESS internet modem that has ‘telephony ports’ – (not all do), such as the Arris Touchstone TM822G. You will still have to then connect this to your WIFI router, if your spouse or others still demand WIFI in the house. You can connect the modem to the WIFI router using a short shielded ethernet cable.
5. Connect your phones to your non-wireless telephony modem. Because traditional land lines are no longer available, today’s ‘home lines’ function through the internet connection in your home. You will have to feed phone cable (https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B008L6XENA/) from wherever your phones are, to your internet modem. If you have fiber optic internet, those companies don’t even offer home phone service, except AT&T in the USA offers “AT&T Fiber” service connected in the customer’s home to a gateway that does include a telephony jack. AT&T Fiber 1000 gives both gigabit/second Internet service and “AT&T Phone” service.
You may have to buy an RJ11 Male to Female 6P4C Phone Splitter/Adapter that has multiple ports, as the modem may only have 1 or 2 ports, and you may need to connect more than 2 phones.
If you can’t hire someone to thread phone cable network through your walls, you will have to tack the cables along the wall (try tacking it along the edge of molding, or where the floor or ceiling meets the wall). Use ‘staples’ and nails from the hardware store or Menards to do this with a hammer. There are many different kinds and sizes of ‘staples’ – metal, insulated, plastic, etc.
If you need to route a very long phone cable from the first floor to the second floor, but you need multiple phones on the second floor, you could use another adapter (female to female this time), once you get the long cable upstairs to split the cable line on the second floor. This will save money, as you will only need to route one cable from the first floor, instead of routing a cable for each phone you will need on the second floor.
If you need to extend a phone cable, you can use a coupler, but it is best to try to use as few adapters and couplers as possible, as they can decrease the audio quality on the phone lines.
Regarding running telephone lines in your home: If your home is already wired for Ethernet cables, you can convert some of those lines to telephony lines with a US$5 adapter on each end. One adapter plugs into your telephony source (e.g., a splitter), and you plug that end of the Ethernet cable into that adapter. The other adapter plugs into the Ethernet jack elsewhere in your home, and you plug your device’s Ethernet cable into that adapter instead of into the Ethernet jack.
IF you want to convert an existing Ethernet cable to a telephone…am ethernet cable that now is plugged into a router or switch but starts near a telephony-jack source and terminates at an Ethernet jack elsewhere in your home, then I recommend these two items (or something similar):
- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B08T7V12DC/ – You plug this adapter’s male RJ11 end into your telephony source (jack or splitter), and you plug your Ethernet cable, which you have unplugged from your router or switch, into this adapter’s female RJ45 end. At this point you are starting to dedicate this Ethernet cable to be instead a telephony cable. It’s still technically an Ethernet cable, but you are going to use it only for telephony, which means that you are going to take advantage of only one of the four twisted-pairs (two of the eight copper wires) within the cable.
- https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B09B4SB2FX/ – You plug this adapter’s male RJ45 end into the elsewhere-in-the-home Ethernet jack that the aforementioned Ethernet cable feeds, and you plug your telephone’s cord into the this adapter’s female RJ11 end.
Each of the above Ethernet/telephony links takes you to an Amazon page where you are buying a package of two such adapters at a time. So, if you buy one of each package, then today for about US$20 you can convert two Ethernet-cable-to-Ethernet-jack lines in a home into two telephony lines.
The beauty of this $10, two-adapters approach is threefold:
- You don’t have to run a telephony wire.
- You don’t have to replace a female RJ45 Ethernet jack with a female RJ11 telephony jack.
- Later, if you decide that you want to use the line for Ethernet again, then you simply revert the setup to what you had before you introduced the two adapters.
6. Prepare to get rid of the data plan on your cell phone by purchasing maps, and ordering a small phone book for the car. You might also get a GPS if you need one.
- Maps: get Professor Pathfinder’s laminated metro and regional maps (which are smaller and easier to use in the car), and a mid-size road atlas.
- Phone book: there are multiple businesses which provide phone books. Call and order and ask for the smaller size for the car. This helpful if you get in a bind and need to check business hours or a business address, but don’t have have data on your cell phone.
- GPS: check out the Garmin DriveSmart 65 (and smaller-screen versions). It does NOT require a smartphone connection to get current traffic conditions; instead, it uses a special power-supply cable that receives – in the USA, anyway – traffic conditions that are broadcasted on “HD” radio. You can update at no charge every month or two its database via Wi-Fi (which you otherwise can keep turned off) and WITHOUT a Garmin account (which means that Garmin does not track where YOU drive).
- Dash cam: if you feel you need to record and you won’t have your cell phone always with you anymore, you can find non-wireless dash cams: like Pruveeo J20 or Vantrue N2 Pro Uber Dual 1080P. VAVA Dual 1920x1080P FHD is a nice cam, but you’d have to take out the wifi and bluetooth antennas.
7. Get rid of the data plan on your cell phone. Trust me – you need to take this step. It is critical in resisting the temptation to ‘just check’ your email, your facebook, etc. on the go in the car, etc. Get a plan that is cheaper, and only has texts and calls. Another way to do this is get a phone that is not ‘smart’, that cannot surf the internet or check email.
9. Transition so that your home phone is your MAIN communication device; make sure your friends and family know that your cell phone is for emergency use only, and you will have it off 99% of the time. Tell them that you will no longer be available 24/7, and help them along during this transition.
**NOTE: this can trigger a lot of anger for your spouse. Your spouse will inevitably grumble, complain, and at times be outright mad at you if they are not able to ‘get a hold of you’ to prevent a missed connection with you, or to tell you to do something that they really need you to do while you are on the go. It might be wise to try to use your cell phone gradually less and less, and keep talking about it with your spouse. Let them know how important it is to allow you to live this new lifestyle, for health reasons.
At this point, your partner may need some information to legitimize your actions. A great way to show your partner that your concerns are legitimate is to show him well-known groups and government bodies that acknowledge that EMFs are dangerous.
- Orgs like the ones mentioned in Barbara Koeppel’s December 2020 article in The Washington Spectator called ‘Wireless Hazards‘.
- And that the State of New Hampshire passed law HB522 establishing a commission to study the health and environmental effects of evolving 5G technology, and show your partner their final report.
- Baby Safe Project – Dr. Hugh Taylor, head of OB-GYN at Yale has done some of the science, and has seen what happens to mice and their pups when exposed to wireless radiation, and has created the Baby Safe Project.
- Press release discussing numerous bills brought to the Massachusetts legislature regarding wireless technology and safety concerns – link.
- IEEE’s “Some Effects of Weak Magnetic Fields on Biological Systems”: https://tinyurl.com/y9mnkce7
- Biological Harm Summary Charts & Exposure Guidelines
The chart at the following link was created by the BioInitiative Report team. It shows the Power Denstity of the wireless radiation, and the corresponding biological harm. The level of microWatts per square centimeter on the left (column is called “Power Density”), and corresponding health effects scientifically documented at that level (middle column). The far right column shows the study that documented it. http://www.bioinitiative.org/report/wp-content/uploads/pdfs/BioInitiativeReport-RF-Color-Charts.pdf
- a great introductory documentary to watch with your spouse: Generation Zapped!
While you are working through all of that with your spouse….press on with the steps below!
10. Hard-wire your laptop via ethernet cable to your modem or router. Once you do, turn off the wireless antennas in your computer – both bluetooth and wifi. When buying ethernet cable, make sure you buy shielded cable from ElectraHealth.com.
You may have to buy a very long ethernet cable to reach from the location of your modem router, to where you keep and use your laptop. For recommendations on how to deal with these long cables, go back to #5.
Otherwise, there are whole-home system options, such as MOCA adaptors, so that you connect your router to the cable connector. This will distribute the hard-wired internet signal throughout your home, and you can ‘pick up’ the internet signals upstairs of wherever you have additional cable outlets already wired into your home. The MOCA or MOCA2 adaptor might be a clean solution that doesn’t produce Dirty Electricity like other solutions when streaming videos, etc, such as ‘Powerline Communication’. MOCA is faster than both WiFi and Powerline Communication. However, before installing ANY whole-home solution, it is best to consult with someone who is up-to-date with the most modern options – see professional recommendations in #19.
11. Hard-wire your TV – if it is wireless, take it apart, disconnect the wireless antenna, and connect it to your internet via ethernet cable. When buying ethernet cable, make sure you buy shielded cable from ElectraHealth.com. If you need help in doing this for your specific device, contact me via the contact form of this website.
12. Turn off the wireless antennas in your printer (there is often more than 1!), or better yet, take it apart, disconnect the antennas, and when you print, connect it to your computer via USB cable. If you need help in doing this for your specific device, contact me via the contact form of this website.
13. Get rid of other appliances that may have wireless built in.
16. Replace CFL or LED light bulbs with incandescent light bulbs.
17. Replace any dimmer switches or dimming appliances with non dimming.
18. Do an amateur EMF assessment of your home. To do this, you can buy an all-in-one meter, like the CEMprotec 34 (search the internet for best price!), or you can do a more accurate amateur assessment by buying a set of more expensive meters (list below). To learn how to do this assessment using these meters, purchase “How to Find a Healthy Home” for $20, and use appendix C.
- ME3851A (Gigahertz Solutions) – electric fields
- Body voltage meter – electric fields
- UHS2 (3-axis, Guass) – magnetic fields
- Acoustimeter – wireless radiofrequencies
- Line Noise Meter 51 (Alpha Labs) – dirty electricity
- AM pocket radio, Radioshack model 12-467 with a frequency range of AM 530 – 1710 KHz
If you have levels above the safe levels listed below, you should hire a professional consultant (steps #19 and 19A – 19D).
- Magnetic fields: 1.0 milliGauss (mG) in living areas, and 0.1 mG in sleeping areas with breakers turned off using UHS2
- Electric fields (AC): 5.0 V/m with ME3851A or 0.1 Volts with body voltage meter
- Radiofrequency (wireless): 10 microwatts per meter squared (uW/m^2), and 1.0 – 5.0 uW/m^2 in sleeping areas using Acoustimeter
- Dirty electricity (EMI): 400 mV using Line Noise Meter 51. For really sensitive people, it should not be above 100 mV and you should hear minimal static when using the AM radio.
Hopefully your partner will be convinced at this point that EMFs are dangerous, but he still might not be willing to let go of his conveniences….
19. Hire a professional consultant to assess your home. The rest of this guide gets much deeper into the EMF issue. Before you spend all of the time and money to complete these steps, it might be worth it to hire a professional EMF consultant, like Brian Hoyer from Shielded Healing. You can buy a consult on his website. If he can’t come, you can find a Building Biologist, but Brian Hoyer is one of the best! He will also come back and test all the solutions in place for free, after you implement them! If he finds a serious EMF issue in your home that is not fixable, then you can decide on next steps before you invest all the time and money to complete the next steps.
Hiring a consultant is also a great way to show your spouse that you are serious about this issue, and the consultant can go through the results of the home assessment with you and your spouse, together. This could be an eye-opening experience for your spouse.
19A. Filter out dirty electricity. Install a whole-house dirty electricity filter at the breaker-box by hiring an electrician. If this is not possible, buy at least two Satic filters you can plug into two different circuits in your home. Look at your breaker box. There are two columns or sides. Figure out which outlets are connected to which side of the breaker box – you want one plugged into a circuit that is controlled by one side, and the second filter plugged into a circuit that is controlled on the other side of the breaker box. Make sure to cover the light with electrical tape if buying the in-home plug-in filters. If you buy the kit from Satic (link above) you will get an EMI meter to measure the impact. The Satic plug-in’s should reduce the dirty electricity by 90%.
19B. Reduce electric fields in the bedrooms.
- Identify the breakers for each circuit/bedroom/wall. Do this by turning off all breakers, and then turning them on one by one.
- Once you find the circuits that surround the bedroom, which might be 3 – 4 circuits, try turning them on in every combination. With each combination take measurements of the sleeping area with the Electric Fields meter ME3851A. To do this, place the meter in 3 different directions and write down the measurements for each direction. Then sum all three measurements, and find the square root of the sum. You want the final answer to be below .3. Less than 5 is hard, but below .3 is what you want. Remember – hands off! You must not be touching the meter when taking measurements with an electric field meter – the electricity from the human body will influence the measurement! It is good to do a followup test with a body voltage meter
19C. Turn off the electricity at night to reduce the electric fields in the bedrooms. Do this by installing a remote contractor switch by hiring an electrician. You can then turn off several breakers with a remote control. Which circuits should be turned off at night? Obviously not all can be turned off (refrigerator, furnace, etc.) You should turn off the circuits in the combination that reduced the electric fields the most as you should have discovered in step #17 .
- Remote Cut Off Switch + 24 Amp 12VDC Contactor. If you need to turn off more than one circuit, you might find the following product helpful: 4 Circuit Contactor – 12VDC, 40Amp – For RCS4
- On Demand Remote Contractor
If you can’t do this yet, buy remote outlet switches so that you can turn off as many appliances at night as possible. Make sure to cover the light with electrical tape.
19D. Reduce magnetic fields in the home – first, check that your home does not have wiring errors using your magnetic field meter….check the stovetop vent fan when turned on, check 3-way light switches, and check appliances, like your alarm clocks, etc. To check outlets (also known as receptacles), use a plug-in wiring tester. Second, hire an electrician to fix any wiring errors. It’s not a bad idea to, at the same time, have the electrician go through the panel and trace any EMFs in your wiring and grounding – buy the instructions from Shielded Healing. You can also hire Shielded Healing to do this work, or hire Alex Stadtner from Healthy Building Sciences to oversee the work of an electrician.
Now that your spouse has learned so much, along side you, and watched you commit to all of these amazing steps to make your home safe….move on to step 20!
20. Get rid of your WIFI router. Wired router with shielded ports from TP-Link, or from Ubiquiti. You will need to configure the settings of the device to make sure that the device is allowing multiple IP addresses so that you can connect multiple devices to use the internet. If you need help in doing this for your specific device, contact me via the contact form of this website.
21. Make sure that no one is sleeping next to large appliance, like refrigerators. The professional consult should have explained this.
22. Make sure no one is sleeping next to a wireless utility meter. If you have a wireless meter, ask the utility companies to take them off of the house and place them away from the house, in the yard. It would be great if we could opt back in to analog meters, but many states don’t have this option. Ask your legislator to pass a bill making this an option!
23. If your spouse simply cannot get rid of a cell phone due to work or another reasons, convince him to buy a Mudita Pure cell phone.
24. When Mudita comes out their alarm clock, replace any alarm clock you may have that might be emitting a strong magnetic field with the Mudita Bell.
25. Periodically check your home using your meters to make sure nothing has changed.
Now that you’ve taken care of getting rid of all the man-made EMFs, you can move on to embracing the NATURAL EMFs the world has to offer!
A great way to start is downloading a personalized calendar from http://www.sunrisesunset.com showing the sunrise times for your particular city, and make sure you wake up with the sunrise each day, get outside and let the special morning light with special wavelengths in the electromagnetic spectrum penetrate your eyes without any barriers of window glass or eyeglasses.
Wait…am I suggesting that you embark on ANOTHER crazy journey that will freak out your spouse????
Hopefully this helps. Enjoy!